New Zealand’s Beautiful landmarks – for B4 and Bradley

B4, as part of their collaborative project, "Our World, Our Numbers" posted an image of Pancake Rocks and suggested other landmarks in New Zealand. Bradley responded to my comment. To see their original post...

New Zealand Landmarks

Dear Bradley,

In a way I did see a dinosaur at Pancake Rocks but only when watching a documentary on dinosaurs.

In 2000, BBC Worldwide Ltd. released a twin DVD set named, “Walking With Dinosaurs”. Wanting a scene for the great southern land at the time of the dinosaurs, they chose New Zealand. An ornithocheirus appeared on the rocks care of computer animation. The scene appears in “Episode 4 – Giants of the Skies”.

I have found the episode on You Tube. You should ask your teacher before viewing it to make certain you have permission. I think you will quickly recognise Pancake Rocks. 🙂

This video is not mine and should not be copied. This is only a link to a BBC You Tube video.

In reality, the dinosaurs were long gone before Pancake Rocks started to form.

You live in an amazing country, Bradley. There are so many landmarks to see. I'll share my photos of some of my favourite places in New Zealand. I think you'll know some of them.

The South Island

Pancake Rocks is also one of my favourites.

Schools and students have permission to use this graphic for non-commercial, educational purposes.

Living on the east coast of Australia, I had seen sunrise over the ocean but my first ocean sunset was seen at Geymouth.

Climbing on Franz Joseph Glacier was a real experience.

Cruising on board the TSS Earnslaw on Lake Wakatipu.

Riding on board the Kingston Flyer.

Visiting Milford Sound.

Walking the valley towards Mt. Cook.

and on the North Island

Looking across Lake Taupo to the snow-capped volcanoes of Tongariro National Park.

Visiting the Whakarewarewa thermal area and seeing the Pohutu Geyser.

Walking down Waimangu Valley thermal area and seeing steaming cliffs and hot water streams.

Exploring the volcanic crater of Mt. Tarawera. The arrow is pointing to some people on the far rim. Can you see them?

@RossMannell