The blog birthday friends have new names and new homes.

Who are we?

Schools and students have permission to use this graphic for non-commercial, educational purposes.

In the birthday post for this blog, classes were invited to suggest names for the two friends pictured above.

With the assistance of some Grade 4 volunteers, the votes are in for this blog's birthday competition. I would like to introduce some friends of this blog.

Boxer and Roo

Boxer and Roo will soon be travelling to their new home in Canada where they will live with the Battalion Bloggers.

Eucy

Eucy the koala won't be travelling as far as Boxer and Roo because Eucy's new home will be in the state of Victoria, Australia. 4A and 4B will be Eucy's new family.

With their new names and homes, Boxer, Roo and Eucy were very excited but I noticed they were also a little sad. They said their friend, Pepper Possum, also wanted a new home. They asked if I could find one. I told them not to worry. Another class had entered some fantastic names in the birthday competition. After looking at the names suggested, Boxer, Roo and Eucy thought Pepper Possum would love a new home with such creative students.

Pepper Possum

When Pepper Possum was told about a new home, all of the friends were excited. Pepper Possum will be travelling to the U.S.A. to stay in a new home with Mrs. Yollis and her class.

12 thoughts on “The blog birthday friends have new names and new homes.

1. The Battalion Bloggers

Hi Ross!

We are SO excited that Boxer and Roo are coming to live with us! What an AWESOME surprise! We are STILL shocked to know that it was YOUR blog’s birthday and WE are the ones getting the gift!

We have “taken a page out of YOUR book” … and written you an Extended Blog Comment Post … because we had so much to share and we also wanted to include links and photos:

http://globalgrade3.cbegloballearning.ca/blog/2014/06/03/a-birthday-surprise-for-the-battalion-bloggers/

THANK you, Ross … YOU rock!

The Battalion Bloggers 🙂

Reply
  2. rossmannell

Post author

Hello Battalion Bloggers,

I love the flexibility a post has over a comment in a comments column. Words are wonderful and can carry powerful messages and ideas yet being able to add links, photos, video, or audio can enhance the power of the word.

As you know, I love to share my work with others and have messages under most of my own video clips, photos and audio giving schools and students permission to use them for educational purposes. I was pleased to find you used two of the photos in your blog.

I have left a worded comment on your post. 🙂

Ross Mannell

Reply
  3. 4A and 4B

Dear Ross,

Wow, we are thrilled that your grade four panelists chose Eucy for your koala’s name!

What a wonderful idea it was to have classes suggest names for your special friends.

We only just found out that Eucy’s new home will be here with us in Victoria, and it has made our day!

Boxer and Roo will no doubt enjoy their new surroundings in Canada. What an adventure they will have.

We are also very happy for our blogging buddies in Los Angeles. We know that Pepper Possum will love his new American lifestyle!

We cannot wait to meet Eucy the koala! We will take very good care of him! 🙂

Best wishes and thank you again,
    4A and 4B

Reply
    1. rossmannell

Post author

Hello 4A and 4B,

Being the closest location, Eucy should be the first of the blog friends to arrive. I can only hope Boxer, Roo and Pepper can make it to their new homes before Canada and the U.S.A. break for their summer vacation. 🙂

Ross Mannell

Reply
  4. Caitlin

Dear Ross,

We are delighted that we get to keep your cute little koala friend! Me and my class are very glad that Pepper Possum got to have a home too!

We are so glad that our other class toy could stop being lonely and start having a friend to talk to. Leo was getting quite lonely in the little corner he seems to be sitting. Though when Leo overheard that there would be a friend to keep him company, I be he was the most excited he had ever been!

Thank you again so much,
    Caitlin😀

Reply
    1. rossmannell

Post author

Hello Caitlin,

With Leo and 4A/4B waiting, I know Eucy will have a fun time. There can be little as enjoyable as spending time with friends.

Ross Mannell

Reply
  5. Anna from 4A

Hi Ross
    I am a student in 4A sharing a classroom with Miss Jordan and 4B. I thought that all the names were very creative and that the names suit your friends. My favourite names were Eucy and Roo. Thank you for choosing Eucy for the koala. I am very excited seeing Eucy in 4A and 4B.

Chat soon
    Anna from 4A

Reply
    1. rossmannell

Post author

Hello Anna,

I would have had a hard time trying to decide on the names if I was the only judge. That’s why I asked some Grade 4 students to help me by being judges. They don’t blog so they weren’t aware of the competition but I had taken Eucy, Boxer and Roo along so they could see them. I must say the votes were VERY close. Luckily I also had a possum wanting a new home. Pepper already had a name printed on a tag so Pepper Possum wasn’t in the naming competition.

Ross Mannell

Reply
  6. Eevie

Dear Ross,

We are really happy that we will be having a new friend in the classroom! As Caitlin said Leo the lion will be really happy to have a new friend.

I’m sure Eucy will love his new home! We can not wait till he comes to our classroom! We will take really good care of him.

It would be sad if Eucy will miss his friends, but he can make some new friends!

From,
    Eevie 😉

Reply
    1. rossmannell

Post author

Hello Eevie,

I don’t think Eucy will miss friends too much. With Leo and the students of 4A/4B to keep him company, he will have plenty of friends. Perhaps he might even see photos of his friends if they are in a blog post.

Ross Mannell

Reply
  7. Jasmine 4B

Dear Ross,
    We are all delighted that Euky the koala is coming to our home in Australia!

As some people have told you Euky will have a best friend his name is Leo the Lion and I think Euky will love having a best frind.

Mrs Yollis is our blogging buddies so we are all very
    happy for them Pepper Possum will soon have a great home.

I am also very happy for the Battalion Bloggers
    I hope Roo and Boxer have a great time in Canada.

Got to hop
    Jasmine

Reply
    1. rossmannell

Post author

Hello Jasmine,

I know Mrs. Yollis and her class are blogging buddies of yours. I have been posting for students in Mrs. Yollis’s class almost since the beginning of this blog. I have also been blogging for students from Miss Jordan’s class last year. Isn’t it amazing how easy it is to have buddy classes when they are so far away in distance?

Ross Mannell

Reply