Driftwood Art – Mrs. Watson and her K/1/2/3 posted “World Oceans Day”

To visit K/1/2/3's post...

World Oceans Day

Mrs. Watson and K/1/2/3 visited their local beach the day before World Oceans Day so they, as a class, could help clean up their local beaches. Their post show what they found along their beach.

Once their clean up was complete, they had fun on the beach making driftwood boats and collecting materials for an art project. In my area there is an artist who collects driftwood in order to make them into works of carved art. I was once given a small piece about 30cm (1ft) long. I thought I would share two photos of what can be made from a piece of wood washed up in the beach.

Top View

Schools and students have permission to use this graphic for non-commercial, educational purposes.

Side View

Can you see what the carving represents?

If you look carefully at pieces of driftwood on your beach, can you imagine what they might become?

2 thoughts on “Driftwood Art – Mrs. Watson and her K/1/2/3 posted “World Oceans Day”

1. Gage

Hi Ross Mannell,
    This post is very good I had a look at this post and I think that there a no mistake.

From Gage

Reply
    1. rossmannell

Post author

Hello Gage,

The post was written for a class in Canada. They were looking at what washes up on beaches on their island. I shared what I found on beaches near my home as well as a photo of what a local artist made from a piece of wood he found on a beach.

Ross Mannell

Reply